Tuesday, September 11, 2012

:: September 11th

On this day, many people are reflecting on where they were and what they were doing 11 years ago when the planes hit the World Trade Centers.  I remember that day clearly.  However, this post isn't about my reflection on that tragic day, it is about how the Lord had brought Super Man and I through some tests and trials since the day I miscarried our baby. 

Our Baby "Jacob" was due on September 11, 2011.  I thought the coincidence of the date was very strange, but then again, it was just an estimate so I didn't give it much thought.  Then I miscarried him in late January.  How do we know it was a "he"?  Well, I believe the Lord speaks to all of us even when we don't have to time to slow down and listen, but that day I listened.  I was crying and hurting so I asked Him what He named our baby.  Immediately I heard a gentle response "Jacob".  I even thought to me myself, "Jacob?  A name that had never crossed my mind before."  I told Super Man and we prayed together and thanked the Lord for his short time with us.  And life went on and quickly I found myself expecting again to our now son Isaac - "The Boy Wonder" who was born December 22, 2011. 

September 11, 2011 my Super Man began an intensive training in the California deserts for almost 10 weeks.  It was a birth of a new season in our lives involving Crisis Response International.  Though we never had the opportunity to celebrate the birth of "Jacob" the Lord birthed through us a new calling and we haven't stopped seeking and walking in it.  It was the beginning of how we chose the name "A Shade on the Grid".  We are learning about living prepared for time of crisis so that we can be witnesses and a solution in the midst of despair and disaster.  We've committed ourselves into doing whatever it takes to be used by the Lord.  Though it's a long and painful process, we continue to fix our eyes on Him and allow Him to shape and mold us into working and living vessels. 

No comments:

Post a Comment